CHILD USA Film Series - 'Audrie & Daisy'
June 16, 2021 @ 6:30PM — 8:00PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
The CHILD USA Film Series is designed to educate the public on issues of child abuse and neglect. Each event highlights a film addressing a particular aspect of abuse followed by an in-depth discussion with a panel of experts, advocates, and individuals involved in making the film. During the COVID-19 shutdowns, the events are held virtually and the panels are live-streamed by viewers globally.
The second event of the 2021 Film Series will feature ‘Audrie & Daisy.’ This documentary follows the stories of two young girls who were sexually assaulted: Audrie Pott and Daisy Coleman. Their assaults were filmed and spread via social media afterwards, and both girls were bullied and blamed for being sexually assaulted. Tragically, both Audrie & Daisy committed suicide while coping with this trauma.
CHILD USA suggests watching the film in advance of the discussion but is not required to participate in the event - the film is simply a jumping off point for the discussion surrounding online exploitation of children. This film is available on Netflix. Our panel discussion and Q&A will feature:
- Robert Allard, Esq., the Pott family’s Attorney
- Dr. Sharon Cooper, child sexual exploitation medical expert
- Dr. Liz Goldman, child sex abuse survivor, activist, & Psychiatrist
- Delaney Henderson, sexual assault survivor, author, and activist featured in Audrie & Daisy
- Margaret E. Mabie, Esq., child pornography and cyber-bullying expert Attorney
- Professor Marci Hamilton, CEO & Founder of CHILD USA